Skip to content
Teamwork and Communications
- Define a team and describe its key characteristics.
- Explain why organizations use teams, and describe different types of teams.
- Explain why teams may be effective or ineffective.
- Identify factors that contribute to team cohesiveness.
- Understand the importance of learning to participate in team-based activities.
- Identify the skills needed by team members and the roles that members of a team might play.
- Learn how to survive team projects in college (and actually enjoy yourself).
- Explain the skills and behaviors that foster effective team leadership.
- Discuss the role of communication in the design of the RAZR cell phone.
- Define communication and discuss the ways in which organizations benefit from effective communication.
- Discuss the nature of communications in an organizational setting, including communication flows, channels, and networks.
- Explain barriers to communication, and discuss the most common types of barriers to group communication.
- Explain the do’s and don’ts of business e-mails.
- Describe the process followed to create and deliver successful presentations.
- Learn how to write clear, concise memos.