Skip to content
Managing Information and Technology
- Distinguish between data and information.
- Define information system (IS) and identify the tasks of the information systems manager.
- Explain how IS managers capture, store, and analyze data.
- Discuss ways in which an IS can be designed to meet the needs of individuals at various organizational levels.
- Describe the main systems for sharing information through networked computers.
- Define cloud computing and identify its advantages and disadvantages.
- Explain how four networking technologies—the Internet, the World Wide Web, intranets, and extranets—make data communication possible.
- Identify and discuss challenges faced by companies engaged in e-commerce.
- Identify career opportunities in information management.